RESTORATIVE JUVENILE JUSTICE PROGRAM
Position Title: Restorative Justice Program Coordinator
Program: Restorative Juvenile Justice Program | Washington County
Reports to: Program Administrator
Position Summary: Provide assessment, case management and community supervision for juveniles who have been referred to the program by Washington County to complete community service or fulfill restitution requirements
- Review and assess all referrals received.
- Coordinate case plan and service delivery with an emphasis on utilizing evidence based programming.
- Verify information provided by participants.
- Provide referrals to community service providers and other appropriate interventions such as AODA treatment and cognitive behavioral services.
- Monitor participant’s compliance and progress with community service and restitution requirements.
- Respond to pro-social and noncompliant behaviors demonstrated by juvenile.
- Schedule and participate in case staffing (meeting with district attorney, defense attorney, and service providers) when necessary.
- Prepare detailed compliance reports.
- Accurately document and track required data in web-enabled database in accordance with established program policies and procedures.
- Willingness to be trained in and use evidence-based practices and programs with participants such as motivational interviewing, Thinking for a Change, other cognitive behavioral intervention tools as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective evidence-based practices with juvenile justice involved populations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations in a non-judgmental and personable manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills in bringing people together to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or social service field.
- Training and experience in Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Prior experience providing case management/community supervision services to juvenile justice-involved individuals preferred.
- Knowledge of applicable social service and community service providers in Washington County preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Agreement to abide by and subscribe to the mission, vision, and culture of JusticePoint
- Permanent full-time, with benefits