GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Recovery Support Coordination is a strength-based case management model that provides the framework for an individualized plan of care to be developed for each participant. The purpose of Recovery Support Coordination is to assist clients to establish their own path to recovery and ensure the client’s well-being beyond the provision of formal services. It is the expectation of the Behavioral Health Division (BHD) Community Access to Recovery Services (CARS) that the Recovery Support Coordinator (RSC) /Case Manager (CM) will promptly undertake care coordination responsibilities so that the client’s recovery needs will be met in a timely manner. The RSC/CM will coordinate service planning and delivery, as well as help the client to access services.
· Assess person’s social, clinical, and criminal situations in order to determine needs.
· Develop knowledge and collaborative relationships with various community service providers.
· Maintain records in the CARS Management Information Systems (MIS).
· Conduct field visits at the person’s home, employer, or other service providers as scheduled.
· Develop an Individual Recovery Plan (IRP) with clients and assist the client in developing a Recovery Support Team (RST).
· Complete Service Authorization Requests (SARs) for any services needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
· Must possess at least a B.A. or B.S. degree in Social Work, Psychology, Nursing, or a related field with experience in human services, preferably case management.
· Computer literacy including working knowledge and experience of Windows and word processing, as well as data entry experience (Microsoft Word & Access).
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· High level of skill in organization and attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
· The ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds.
· Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required.
· Pre-employment background check.
· Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written, is a definite asset.
Permanent full-time with benefits