Position Title: Receptionist | Racine Court Alternatives Program
Agency Description: JusticePoint is a private non-profit agency with a commitment to social justice. The target population includes adults who may have serious and persistent mental health and/or substance abuse or dependence disorders, may be considered indigent, may be at risk for re-arrest, and are involved in the criminal justice system.
Position Summary: The receptionist will serve as the initial contact point for all individuals either entering the office or calling on the telephone. Provides general office support as detailed in the responsibilities listed below.
- Greet, sign in and direct clients and visitors when they arrive to the office
- Answer telephone and direct callers as appropriate including taking messages when necessary
- Administer drug/alcohol screens to clients strictly adhering to JusticePoint testing guidelines
- Sort incoming and outgoing mail
- Maintain a professional, respectful demeanor at all times with clients and guests to the office. Additionally, maintain a professional, team oriented approach with all JP colleagues.
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing
- Become well versed in services offered at JusticePoint and requirements of the various programs clients may be enrolled in
- Agreement to abide by and subscribe to the mission, vision and culture of JusticePoint
- Other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or equivalency required, related associate degree preferred. At least 3 years of clerical/receptionist experience.
Competencies and Skills:
- High level of proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook and excel. Proficient in the use of web enabled databases.
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone. Good written communication skills.
- Highly organized and attention to detail as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish both spoken and written is a definite asset
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required
- Pre-employment background check conducted by Racine County Sheriff’s Dept. required