Pretrial Case Manager
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
JusticePoint, Inc. is a private non-profit agency with a commitment to social justice. The target population includes adults who may have serious and persistent mental health and/or substance abuse disorders, may be considered indigent, or be at risk for re-arrest, and are involved in the criminal justice system. Case Managers will provide service at various points of contact including the courts, county jail, state mental health institutes, and the community.
- Complete pretrial risk assessments for arrestees booked into the Racine County Jail by conducting complete and accurate criminal history and record checks. Prepare written reports notifying the court of the results of the investigation and risk assessment including recommendations for bail and release conditions.
- Maintain and monitor a caseload of pretrial clients with duties to include drug screening, alcohol breath testing, electronic monitoring, referrals to community resources, and assisting the client in addressing needs to reduce the risk of pretrial misconduct.
- Developing knowledge and collaborative relationships with various community service providers.
- Preparing written reports notifying the court of the client’s status or providing recommendations for conditions of release
- Maintaining accurate and verified records in the client database that document and support activity necessary to meet the program outcomes
- Perform observed urine drug/alcohol screens on male clients. Collector must be the same gender as the client providing the sample.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related human service field required
- Computer literacy including working knowledge and experience of Windows and word processing, as well as data entry experience (Microsoft Word & Access)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of skill in organization and attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- The ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written, is a definite asset
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required
- Pre-employment background check, conducted by the Racine County Sheriff’s department.
- Permanent full-time with benefits
- Occasional Weekend Hours Required
- Reports to Program Director
- Agreement to abide by and subscribe to the mission, vision and culture of JusticePoint