Portage County Drug Court Technician | Part-Time
The Drug Court Technician serves as a core resource to the Portage County Drug Court in several key ways. The Drug Court Technician assists the Drug Court Coordinator in providing direct services to potential and existing Drug Court Participants. The Drug Court Technician is responsible for conducting participant contacts both in the office and in the community for the purpose of ensuring that program rules and expectations are being met. The Drug Court Technician is responsible for following strict collection and chain of custody protocols in the administration of the Drug Court drug and alcohol testing protocol. The Drug Court Technician serves as a backup to the Drug Court Coordinator in instances of unavailability.
- Conduct Office and Community-Based contacts with active participants in the Portage County Drug Court
- Assist with the participant selection and admissions process as needed
- Administer drug/alcohol screens to clients strictly adhering to JusticePoint testing guidelines
- Maintain participant files – both paper and electronic
- Assist with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing and filing
- Become well versed in services offered at JusticePoint and requirements of the various programs clients may be enrolled in
- Serve as backup to the Drug Court Coordinator in instances of unavailability
- Assist with regular reporting requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalency required, related associate degree or higher preferred.
Competencies and Skills
- High level of proficiency in technical areas such as Microsoft Office; including Word, Outlook and excel. Proficient in the use of web enabled databases.
- Excellent oral communication skills reflecting solid customer service both in-person and via the telephone. Good written communication skills.
- Highly organized and attention to detail as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial and ethnic backgrounds
- Fluency in Spanish both spoken and written is a definite asset
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required
Part-Time (20 Hours/Week) - Early Morning, Evening, and/or weekend hours may be required.
Reports to the Portage County Drug Court Coordinator