Contractor Title: Thinking for a Change Facilitator
Program: Cognitive Behavioral Program (CBP)
Reports to: CBP Coordinator
Summary of Services to Provide: Contractor will be required to co-facilitate the Thinking for a Change curriculum with fidelity to the model. Groups will have 8-12 participants, those enrolled will be under supervision by the Wisconsin Department of Corrections. This is an independent contractor position and compensation is paid based on lessons facilitated and work related to facilitating lessons. This person is not an employee of JusticePoint.
Specific Services to Perform:
· Facilitation of the “Thinking for a Change” program to groups of individuals involved with the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
· Working with individual participants as time permits to provide supplemental information and/or coaching in techniques learned in group sessions.
· Preparing written reports notify the Agent of Record of participant progress or noncompliance with program requirements.
· Maintaining accurate and timely records of client participation and attendance in the PDCS database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
· Knowledge of effective evidence-based practices with offender populations.
· Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
· Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in bringing people together to solve problems.
· Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
· Exercise good judgment
· Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible.
· Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases.
· Some college or experience in the criminal justice or social service field.
· Must pass background check as required by contract.
· 4-8 hours per week
· This is a contract position.
· Pay per lesson facilitated ($50-$75/ lesson), based on experience.
Contractor agrees that while performing the services specified in this contract for JusticePoint, Contractor will not simultaneously provide the same services (facilitation of Thinking for a Change groups) for any other agency or company.