Supportive Services Case Manager | St. Anthony's Apartments
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Supportive Services Case Manager will provide case management services to residents of St. Anthony’s Apartments, a Permanent Supportive Housing facility developed by Heartland Housing. St. Anthony’s Apartments, located at 1004 North 10th Street, provides 60 low-income, high quality apartments in downtown Milwaukee. The development targets a variety of households that have experienced chronic homelessness and /or homelessness and/or are prone to or at risk of homelessness, faced with a disability and/or are in need of supportive services to maintain housing stability.
The Supportive Services Case Manager will participate in various leasing activities, ongoing tenant screening, and as a provider of the various supportive services provided by the team of JusticePoint staff and peer specialists working in the building.
- Bachelor’s degree with some field experience in the delivery of supportive services or case management;
- Previous experience with Trauma Informed Care programming/interventions preferred;
- Previous experience with Cognitive Behavioral Programming/interventions preferred;
- High level of skill on organization and attention to detail as well as an ability to work well independently;
- High level of computer literacy including data entry, web searching, and word processing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written, preferred;
- Prior experience working with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds;
- Pre-employment background check is required.
- Participation in ongoing leasing activities and tenant screening process;
- Provide one-one-one and group programming to building tenants;
- Work with tenants to make service referrals to various community providers including but not limited to AODA, MH, employment, medical, financial, education, food, clothing, peer support, and leisure activities;
- Review and update staff training procedures and training materials;
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders and achieve goals established through those relationships;
- Maintain accurate and updated case files and service plans for tenants engaged in supportive services;
- Monitor tenant compliance with leasing rules and track/address leasing violations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Permanent full-time with benefits
- Reports to Early Interventions Unit Coordinator