MILWAUKEE COUNTY EARLY INTERVENTIONS PROGRAM
Position Title: DIVERSION CASE MANAGER
Program: Milwaukee County Early Interventions Central Liaison Unit
Reports to: Central Liaison Unit Coordinator
Position Summary: Provide case coordination services for low risk individuals who have entered into a diversion agreement in lieu of issuance of formal criminal charges.
· Verify participant information.
· Refer participants to community service sites.
· Develop and maintain list of community service sites.
· Establish restitution payment plan with offender.
· Oversee and monitor offender’s compliance with diversion agreement and accountability interventions such as community service and restitution.
· Respond to pro-social behaviors demonstrated by offender.
· Respond to non-compliance with conditions of agreement.
· Conduct CCAP criminal history checks at prescribed intervals.
· Accurately and completely document compliance and progress in web-enabled database.
· Schedule case staffing when necessary.
· Prepare detailed staffing reports when necessary.
· Attend case staffing as necessary and present offender compliance and progress information to prosecutor, defense attorney and service providers.
· Complete all required paperwork and data entry.
· Utilize evidence-based practices with participants such as motivational interviewing techniques.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Knowledge of effective evidence-based practices with offender populations.
· Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
· Ability to work well with diverse populations in a non-judgmental and personable manner.
· Effective interpersonal skills in bringing people together to solve problems.
· Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible.
· Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases.
· Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or social service field.
· Training and experience in Motivational Interviewing preferred.
· Prior experience providing case management/community supervision services to criminal justice-involved individuals preferred.
· Must pass pre-employment background check.