MILWAUKEE COUNTY EARLY INTERVENTIONS PROGRAM
Position Title: Bilingual Case Manager
Program: Milwaukee County Early Interventions Central Liaison Unit
Reports to: Early Intervension Unit Coordinator and Team Leader
Provide case management and community supervision for clients who have entered into deferred prosecution agreements (DPAs) and diversion agreements through the Early Interventions program.
- Coordinate case plan and service delivery with an emphasis on utilizing evidence based programming.
- Utilize results of the Level of Service Inventory-Revised risk assessment and develop individualized case plan with the participant that targets identified criminogenic risk and needs.
- Verify information provided by participants.
- Provide referrals to risk reduction interventions such as AODA treatment and cognitive behavioral services.
- Monitor participant’s compliance and progress with risk reduction and accountability interventions.
- Respond to pro-social and noncompliant behaviors demonstrated by participant.
- Conduct criminal history checks at prescribed intervals.
- Schedule and participate in case staffing (meeting with district attorney, defense attorney, and service providers) when necessary.
- Prepare detailed staffing, compliance, and court reports.
- Accurately document and track required data in web-enabled database in accordance with established program policies and procedures.
- Willingness to be trained in and use evidence-based practices and programs with participants such as motivational interviewing, Thinking for a Change, other cognitive behavioral intervention tools as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of effective evidence-based practices with criminal justice involved populations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Ability to work well with diverse populations in a non-judgmental and personable manner.
- Effective interpersonal skills in bringing people together to solve problems.
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or social service field.
- Training and experience in Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Prior experience providing case management/community supervision services to criminal justice-involved individuals preferred.
- Must pass pre-employment background check.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.