COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY SERVICES REHABILITATION WORKER
Position Title: Comprehensive Community Services (CCS) Rehabilitation Worker
Program: Comprehensive Community Services
Reports to: CCS Service Director
Please Note: This is a Part Time position.
Position Summary: The Rehabilitation Worker will provide guidance and support services for consumers assigned to the agency. The position will offer consumers the opportunity to engage with others through meaningful activities and provide assistance as necessary. This is a high-energy job that requires independence and a desire to help consumers work on their individualized recovery plan.
- Provide Physical Health Monitoring to assist the consumer and/or natural supports to: identify symptoms of physical health conditions, monitor physical health medications and treatments, and develop other skills that will help monitor and manage their physical health.
- Provide Individual Skill Development to assist the consumer with advocating for their needs, communicate better with others, problem solving, decision-making, managing emotions, resolving conflict, developing a natural support system, and addressing any other social needs they may have.
- Provide Individual and/or Family Psychoeducation services that include: education and informational resources, emotional and social support, skills training, problems solving, and guidance related to managing their mental health and/or substance abuse condition.
- Provide Wellness Management and Recovery Support Services to empower the consumer to manage their mental health and/or substance abuse condition, engage in treatment, help them develop goals, and teach them the knowledge and skills necessary to make informed treatment decisions.
- Provide other approved learning strategies to help the consumer to modify their behaviors such as: relapse prevention; development of a recovery action plan; recovery and/or resilience training; development of treatment strategies; social support building; and coping skills development.
- Attend recovery team meetings with the consumer and other team members.
- Appropriately document all contact with clients and team members in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases.
- Ability to communicate using verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain recreational and social skill building activities for clients as needed.
- Facilitate groups and small sessions as assigned.
- Ability to maintain and promote positive working relationships with others.
- Effective use of time and resources to help maintain quality CCS services.
- Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Exercise good judgment.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associates Degree in Human Services preferred; Certified Peer Support Specialist preferred.
- One (1) year of experience working in the mental health field or substance abuse is preferred.
- Must complete a criminal background check.
- Must have valid driver's license and insured automobile.