COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY SERVICES
CLINICIAN/MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
Position Title: Clinician/Mental Health Professional
Program: Comprehensive Community Services
Reports to: CCS Service Director
This position is responsible for providing clinical supervision to the CCS team. This position assists the team in helping the consumers to understand, navigate, and grow through the CCS program.
- Facilitate all aspects of providing individual person-centered support to consumers to include, but not limited to: transport consumers as needed, conduct mental health and/or substance abuse assessments and ongoing therapeutic services, assess current safety, develop comprehensive treatment plans, keep up to date treatment records.
- Provide clinical oversight, assessment, recommendations, and support to the CCS Team and consumers.
- Responsible for assessing and authorizing the need for psychosocial rehabilitation services.
- Participate as a member of the recovery team by attending team meetings, developing rapport with individual and team, support in assessing and determining the individual's needs and providing clinical recommendations.
- Provide weekly clinical consultation for the CCS Care Coordinators and Rehabilitation Workers
- Complete necessary authorizations and paperwork
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases
- High level of skill in organization, attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Clinical knowledge and skills with the ability to clearly communicate these to others
- Ability to cope with emergency situations
- Ability to maintain and promote positive working relationships with others
- Excellent assessment and interviewing skills
- Good understanding of mental illness and its effects on consumers and their families
- Good understanding of the AODA population
- Effective use of time and resources to help maintain quality CCS services
- Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds
- Exercise good judgment
- Experience working with Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Services preferred
- Minimum of a Master's Degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, or related field required.
- State of Wisconsin Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR State of Wisconsin Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) OR State of Wisconsin Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) required.
- Stated of Wisconsin Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor (SAC) or Substance Abuse Counselor-In Training (SAC-IT) required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience providing services to adults with significant mental health, substance abuse, or co-occurring needs required.
- Must complete a criminal background check
- Must have valid driver's license and insured automobile