Contractor Title: Group Facilitator
Program: Cognitive Behavioral Program (CBP)
Reports to: CBP/TIC Coordinator
Summary of Services to Provide: Individuals considered for this position will be required to become trained in curriculums including but not limited to Thinking for a Change (T4C), Cognitive Behavioral Interventions for Substance Abuse (CBI-SA), and Seeking Safety. Groups will consist of 8-16 individuals and fidelity to the models must be ensured.
Specific Services to Perform:
- Facilitation of the “T4C”, “CBI-SA”, and “Seeking Safety” programs to groups of individuals involved in the Criminal Justice System.
- Working with individual participants as time permits to provide supplemental information and/or coaching in techniques learned in group sessions.
- Maintaining accurate and timely records of client participation and attendance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Needed:
- Knowledge of effective evidence-based practices with offender populations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in bringing people together to solve problems.
- Ability to interact effectively and sensitively with individuals from diverse social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Exercise good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills and willingness to be flexible.
- Proficient in utilizing Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel and web enabled databases.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Study in the criminal justice or social service field preferred.
- Must pass background check as required by contract.
- Permanent Full-time position, 40 hours per week
- Monday through Thursday
- 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (subject to change)
Upon hiring decision individual agrees that while performing the services specified in this posting for JusticePoint, individual will not simultaneously provide the same services (facilitation of Thinking for a Change groups) for any other agency or company.