Adams County Treatment Court Coordinator
The Adams County Treatment Court Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the Adams County Treatment Court Team. In addition this position will be responsible for the case management and supervision of all Treatment Court clients and provide briefings at each team staffing.
Education, Competencies & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology, or related human service field required.
- Computer literacy including working knowledge and experience of Windows and word processing, as well as data entry experience (Microsoft Word & Access)
- Applied knowledge and understanding of criminal justice process is an asset
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state statues, county ordinance, and rules, program procedures and objectives
- Ability to understand and apply applicable laws regarding treatment court programs
- Ability to learn all governmental programs related to the position, interpret and explain; exercising considerable discretion and judgment in the application of policies
- Experience in motivational interviewing techniques preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of skill in organization and attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to work independently as wells as cooperatively with co-workers
- Demonstrated ability to work well with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attend trainings as required
- Pre-employment background check is required
- Fluency in Spanish, spoken and written, preferred
- Previous criminal justice experience preferred but not required
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license and automobile with insurance required
Duties & Responsibilities
- Track and evaluate program referrals.
- Provide ongoing assessment and treatment planning, case management, and crisis intervention.
- Set agendas and create reports for all Team staffing and meetings.
- Monitor the participant’s compliance of program criteria.
- Apply and reinforce Treatment Court policies and procedures.
- Communicate regularly with offenders; their employers, families, the courts and the treatment providers.
- Work closely with Probation and Parole so as not to duplicate services.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of participants unable to meet the conditions of the Adams County Treatment Court
- Document and record all participant and program outcomes.
- Provide appropriate documentation, recorded case notes, and status updates in a timely manner.
- Regular attendance and punctuality required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Reports to JusticePoint executive management for purposes of official employment but this position operates within a Team structure.