Jail Screening Specialist | 3rd Shift
(10pm-6:30am, Tuesday-Saturday schedule)
Description & Responsibilities
Screening Specialists are responsible for the day-to-day interviewing of all arrestees booked into the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility as well as the creation of a Pretrial Risk Report for all arrestees interviewed. Information gathered through the pretrial investigation process is entered into the Milwaukee County Pretrial Service Information System and used to create a Pretrial Risk Report used by judicial officials in the bail setting decision.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Social Work, Behavioral Sciences, or related field;
- Applied understanding of the criminal justice process, criminogenic risk/needs/ responsivity, and the risk principle preferred;
- High level of skill on organization and attention to detail as well as an ability to work well independently;
- High level of computer literacy including data entry, web searching, and word processing;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Fluency in Spanish, verbal and written, preferred;
- Prior experience working with individuals from diverse economic, racial, and ethnic backgrounds;
- Pre-employment background check as conducted by the Milwaukee County Sheriff’s Office is required.
- Conduct pretrial investigations on all arrestees booked into the Milwaukee County Criminal Justice Facility;
- Verify information received during arrestee interviews through web-enabled databases and collateral verification sources;
- Calculate pretrial risk using the Public Safety Assessment and create a Pretrial Risk Report by applying the arrestee’s risk score to the Milwaukee County Decision Making Framework;
- Maintaining accurate and timely records in the MCPSIS that support program compliance with contractual outcomes and obligations;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Agreement to abide by and subscribe to the mission, vision and culture of JusticePoint
- Permanent full-time with benefits
- Reports to Program Coordinator – Jail Operations